Green & Black’s
Give mom what she wants this Mother’s Day… chocolate, flowers and sprinkles. Who can resist chocolate? It’s even better when it’s paired with flowers and sprinkles. Baking with lavender has been incredibly trendy these past few years, but have you tried other edible flowers? This girly is a disaster in the kitchen, so I won’t even try my hand at fancy desserts, but that doesn’t mean I don’t want to spoil my mom with sweet treats. I’ve learned to master the “no-bake” trend over these past few years. It’s perfect when I’m looking to create that special gift for a loved one, or when I’m just looking to satisfy my sweet tooth.
Since it’s Mother’s Day, I wanted to “bake” something I knew my mom would enjoy. She’s obsessed with peppermint bark during the holiday season, but since it’s spring, I wanted to create something a little fresher. After a little research, I found out that fuchsia blossoms are not only incredibly beautiful (and in season), they’re actually edible too. It delivers a crunchy, mild tanginess that pairs wonderfully with the sweetness of the chocolate. My mom’s favourite chocolate is Green & Black’s, thanks to its highly concentrated cocoa formula, delivering an incredibly rich, smooth and flavourful taste. Its ethically sourced and uses only the finest ingredients with no artificial flavours, colours or preservatives, which means you can feel good about indulging.
Fuchsia White Chocolate Bark
What you’ll need:
4x Green & Black’s Organic White Chocolate Bar
Small microwave-safe bowl
1. Break the Green & Black’s Organic White Chocolate Bars into small pieces and place in a small microwave-safe bowl.
2. Microwave the chocolate, stirring at 30 second intervals until completely melted and smooth.
3. Pour the melted chocolate onto a cookie sheet and spread into an even layer (about ¼” thick).
4. Top with Fuchsia Blossoms, pressing them into the chocolate slightly to make sure they adhere.
5. Place in fridge for at least 30 minutes, or until chilled.
6. Remove and break into pieces.
Pink Pearl Chocolate Bark
Since my mom is also a huge fan of pink, I knew I wanted to create something fun with that colour. Keeping with the chocolate bark theme, I used another 4 bars of Green & Black’s Organic White Chocolate Bars with a dash of red food colouring to turn it pink. I repeated the same steps as mentioned above, but this time glammed it up with pastel candy pearls, instead of edible flowers.
Chocolate Covered Strawberry
Nothing paired more beautifully together than chocolate and strawberries. Those red, heart-shaped fruits with melted chocolate overtop are sweet, fruity and scrumptious all in one bite. Chocolate Covered Strawberries might just be one of the easiest desserts to make.
What you’ll need:
2x Green & Black’s Organic Milk Chocolate Bars
2 teaspoons unsalted butter
1 pound strawberries
1. Using a double boiler or bowl over hot water, melt your chocolate with the butter. Stir together until smooth.
2. One at a time, take each strawberry by the stem and leaves, dip into the chocolate as far as you can, shake, tip upside-down, and then set on your drying sheet.
3. Glam it up with some pink sprinkles.
4.. When you have a sheet filled, place it in the refrigerator to dry for 30 minutes.
Whether your momma is chocolate bark obsessed or can’t get enough of chocolate covered strawberries, these quick and easy Green & Black’s treats would make her day. Did I mention you won’t even have to turn on your oven?
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Green & Black’s, but all opinions on this blog are my own. I also want to thank you for supporting the brands that support my blog.